Top Eleven Reasons to Visit India
Adventure, luxury, peaceful retreats, wildlife, picturesque landscapes, diverse culture and plethora of options for shopping!!! Is this what you are looking for your vacation? Well, when it comes to holidaying with your loved ones, you always crave for a perfect travel destination and believe us, India has it all. From magnificent architecture, deep rooted history, outstanding sculptures, inspiring and refreshing spirituality, amazing wildlife and bird sanctuaries and Ayurvedic healthcare options to endless variety of art and craft and excellent hospitality; you can exult in every bit of India. Although, there are infinite reasons to visit this majestic travel destination, but if we really need to encapsulate it under eleven captions, we would love to highlight this wonderful country, this way.
- History & Culture:
- Architecture: India’s strong religious foundation and royal past has left us with grand forts, temples and palaces that make this country very rich in architecture. Monuments like Taj Mahal are an architectural delight that attract tourists from around the world. Elegant domes, white marble, intricate carved screens and marvelous engravings make it one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Then there are temples of Khajuraho, Ajanta and Ellora caves, Kanheri caves, Elephanta caves, Mughal forts like in Chittorgarh, Jodhpur, Jaipur and lots more that you can see around.
- Picturesque Beauty: India is full of scenic landscapes, valleys and picturesque beauty. World’s highest peaks like Mount Everest, K2 and Kanchenjunga are a part of India’s eastern borders. Whether you choose to holiday in Kashmir valley or hill stations like Darjeeling, Ooty, Shimla or even sacred cities like Rishikesh in the foothills, your holiday is going to be a worth experience. Not just the mountains, but the topography of humid jungles of Madhya Pradesh is also stunning.
- Beaches: If you are a beach lover, then India has a lot to offer. Placid backwaters, bays, lagoons, rough lava rocked seas, golden sand, palm fringed shores and diverse marine life; you will experience everything that you have been craving for. On the Western Coast, states like Gujrat, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka and Kerela host some of the marvelous beaches, while on the Eastern coast, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and West Bengal offer numerous choices to select from.
- Wildlife: Family vacations are always incomplete without wildlife tours and India is a home to variety of wildlife and bird sanctuaries. More than 60% of world’s tigers are found in India, 1200 diverse bird species exert a pull on bird watchers all around the world and more than 80% of world’s one-horn Rhinoceros are inhabitants in Kaziranga National Park. Not just this, the gentle yet giant elephants take you to the safari and make you experience some untouched aspects of wildlife.
- Food: One thing that is simply irresistible is the Indian food. You can delight in a huge variety of lip-smacking cuisines that are readily available on-street and off-street. From freshly prepared delectable sea foods to appetizing vegetarian delights cooked with carefully garnered secret ingredients; every bite is divine and is full of flavors that not just tickle your taste buds, but also your soul. And if in case, you are hunting for a perfect grandiose feast to revel in the new tastes with your soul mate, then nothing can be much better than the five star bistros.
- Ayurvedic Tour: If you are tired of your daily hectic office schedules and really wish to rejuvenate your life, then you need not have a second thought, because India is your dream destination. There are ample of Ayurvedic healthcare centers where natural health practices are carried out in the form of Ayurveda. Here people make great efforts to provide you a revitalizing experience and make your Ayurvedic tour, a true value for money.
- Yoga: If you are traveling to India for enjoying a restful holiday, then it is certainly incomplete without Yoga. While there are many yoga teachers, schools and courses to choose from, you need not to study the history or techniques to find the inner peace within you. As whatever accommodation you opt for, you can select yoga as one of your desires and start with your meditation classes immediately, that too, under the guidance of a trained professional.
- Shopping: Whether you are a shopaholic, an avid shopper or a bargain seeker, the diverse colors of Indian market will make you feel irresistible. Indian people specialize in handicrafts and as you move around in the bazaar, you will find a lot of people bargaining for colorful textiles, hand woven silk and cotton, embroidered garments, handmade carpets, beautifully engraved jewelry and lots more. You can also dive in the fun of bargaining with retailers and take some antiques to your home at incredibly reasonable prices.
- Spirituality: India is blessed with the true bliss of spirituality and this is something that catches the attention of millions, all around the world. Not just the diversity in religions, but also the unique way of discovering the inner self makes this place truly spiritual. If you also wish to experience self realization and inner peace, then India is certainly the place for you.
- Fair & Festivals : India is territory of colors, of festivals and of partying. It has a very rich and diverse cultural heritage. India is famous for its several religious fairs and festivals. Different states in India have harvest festivals under different names. It is Bihu in Assam, Onam in Kerela, Pongal in Assam, Lohri and Baishakhi in Punjab and some common national festivals like Diwali, Dusshera and many more.
India is a country with a rich heritage and diverse cultures. More than 5000 years of history reveal it as a land of Kings and Queens. Whether you talk about law, culture, traditions or architecture, India has a glorious past and this can be easily insinuated from the ornate jewelry, lively sari patterns, colorful turbans, long moustaches, welcoming environment, friendly people, crowded marketplaces and western ideas of materialism. Different rulers, empires and religions have left a mark on the Indian history and have elaborated the definition of architecture for the new generations.
This is not just an end, but is definitely a new beginning. So, how are you planning to begin your vacation? For more information on India in India visit India travel guide.
These Christmas gift baskets and holiday gift ideas make great presents.
Online education is also a great invention which comes with the help of information technology and online degree programs.