Looking After Your Investments: Knowing How To Take Care of Your Jewelry
It has always been said that prevention is way better than cure. This rings true in more than one aspect – be it in your health, the way you handle your relationships or in taking care of your things.
As people, especially women, love to buy things they want and need, it is completely essential to care for these investments. Like any other thing, jewelry needs to be well taken care of. Most of the time, it costs a lot. Well, it so happens that its state of beauty screams its price tag. The question is: Do you really know how to care for it the best way possible? In such a situation, here are the important notes you should keep in mind:
- First and Foremost, Invest In A Solid Jewelry Box. Why? Protection – is the obvious asnwer that comes to mind. However, if the box is not made from high quality material and designed correctly, the jewelry it holds will still be able to scratch against one another.
- Clean Jewelry – Using A Cotton Cloth. It has to be soft. For the small crevasses, you may want to use a soft-bristled brush; one that is slightly damp, but remember to place it back into the box straight after it has dried.
- Silver Jewelry Requires A Polishing Cloth. The title says it all.
- Can’t Afford A Box? Use A Ziploc Bag. These cheap alternatives help to prevent scratches and retard discoloration.
- Pearls Must Be Stored In An Extremely Soft Fabric Pouch. I repeat, it has to be soft material. Why? Because real pearls need air and humidity in order to breathe. Fascinating, isn’t it?
- Place A Safety Rug Beneath Your Jewelry Box. This will stop any small piece of jewelry from slipping out of the box and disappearing. Remember that a fall could be fatal to ceramic beads, glass, and certain pendants. Even the most precious diamonds can be damaged by a hard fall.
- Amber Is Highly Vulnerable. You need to keep it away from heat; and if in a jewelry box, you need to keep it away from direct sunlight. Likewise, you should never leave it inside the car. Why? The trapped heat can cause it to melt. In fact, amber can easily melt at 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Topaz and Amethyst Need To Be Kept Out of Heat and Direct Sunlight. Too much time exposed to sunlight can cause these gems to fade and lost their appeal.
- Hairspray and Perfumes Are As Dangerous As The Sun. Make sure not to use anything with harsh chemicals for cleaning jewelry, as it can lead to permanent discoloration.
- You Can Leave Your Hat On… But not your jewelry. It is best to remove your jewelry before any other item of clothing when undressing. This helps to prevent scratches caused by zippers and buttons.
Just by following the tips given above, your precious investments can be well kept and looked after. In life, this is something we could all benefit from – taking care of that which is precious to us.
About the author:
NanoStyle’s Cubic Zirconia jewelry collection is imprinted with unsurpassed high resolution precision depictions of symbolic motifs and religious texts in 24K gold. Many of the harmonious designs are available in a spectrum of cubic zirconia stones. NanoStyle has amazingly unique jewelry, from to and .
These Christmas gift baskets and holiday gift ideas make great presents.
Online education is also a great invention which comes with the help of information technology and online degree programs.