Looking the part for your next job interview
It’s sad but true that we are all judged on how we look when applying for a job. Even if you have the right skills and qualifications if you don’t present well to a future employer, chances are you won’t get the job. From recruitment consultant jobs to working in IT and other areas there is clear dress etiquette about what you should wear. Here, we’ve got a list of tips to help you dress to impress at your next interview:
- Always go with conservative colours. For example: black, white, navy, cream and grey. Don’t wear anything that is too bright or too loud.
- If you are going for an executive job or any type of office or sales job, make sure you wear a complete suit (this applies to both men and women). Men should wear a suit and matching tie, and polish shoes the night before hand. Everything should be pressed and ready to go well before the interview. Women can wear a modern pants or skirt suit. If you are wearing a skirt make sure it sits on the knee or lower, but not too far above. Wear heels but not too high. You need to be able to walk in and out confidently.
- Make sure everything you have on matches. Guys, if you’re unsure about the right tie, consult the nearest woman.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your suit is a few years old, invest in getting a new one. Purchasing a contemporary style suit that fits well will give you that edge and make you feel great too.
Other important basics
Here are the basic tips to get you started:
- Cover up any major tattoos and piercings.
- Don’t wear too much jewellery- if you generally wear a lot, take most of it off and only wear a few items. For men:
- Make sure you give yourself enough time before the interview to shave. You should have clean, made up hair and a polished appearance. Your shoes should match your suit and look clean.
- Don’t overdo the makeup. Avoid wearing too much eye makeup, ditch the charcoal eyeshadow and intense eye liner for a few lashings of mascara and a skin colour shade. Keep it natural.
- Don’t show too much cleavage or leg. Keep it conservative.
- You finish that double shot latte before you go in. Taking coffee into an interview is a big no no.
- Put your phone on silent or preferably off. No annoying sounds should start coming from your handbag during the interview.
The bottom line is, dress smart, and not too out there. You want the interviewer to be focusing on what you’re saying not that leopard print cami or Hawaiian shirt you’re wearing.
Now you know how to dress the part, it’s time to start oozing confidence. If you have hang ups about your appearance it will show, so do what you need to feel good about the way you look. Let’s face it, self-image is so important. If getting that hair transplant or total hair restyle and colour is what you need to feel good, then get it. It’s an investment in you and your future.
It can be hard to decide what to wear to an interview. I hope our tips have given you just what you need to dress to impress the next time you have an important interview for a potential dream job.
We are a leading online payday loan resource company that provides quick cash loans to help you address your financial needs. If an unexpected financial cost is burdening you, quick cash loans are an immediate solution to help you until your next payday. By utilizing quick cash loans, you save money by avoiding late payment penalties or overdraft fees. Apply now for your quick cash loans
Do you have unexpected bills or are strapped for cash till payday? If you are desperately short of funds and need a payday advance as you cannot wait till your next paycheck then apply here now. It is very quick and very easy. Apply here for payday loans online.
With Today's economy and the financial hurdles that stun us, monetary safety is one of the most essential priorities we must undertake. The key to this is your credit score; nothing can be more important than those three digits. You might ask yourself, "What is a good credit score" We will tell you all about it and more. We offer financial information and support about your credit scores and reports, and the importance of knowing what each thing means.
If you are serious about improving your finance situation Forex trading might be what you are looking for, in the Forex Forum you will find all the information you'll need to know about how to increase your income with Forex.
These Christmas gift baskets and holiday gift ideas make great presents.
If you are short of cash and need money fast one of you best options to get a loan is from a 100 day loans company, you will need to return the loan in 100 days.
Online education is also a great invention which comes with the help of information technology and online degree programs.