Tips to Save on your Wedding Day
Weddings have become an extremely expensive affair, but if you are a savvy spender there are some shortcuts you can take to save a few pennies.
Let’s face it, weddings are expensive. Just when you think you have booked and paid for the dress, venue, catering and attire for the bridal party, there are all these other things to consider like flowers, photos and cars.
When it comes to your transport plans for the day, you don’t have to fork out for a Rolls Royce or an expensive vintage car. Instead you can opt for a traditional limousine or matching sedans instead. It’s these tips along with some creative intuition that can save you money.
4 tips to save you money on your car hire
1. Plan out who, when and where transport will be required – once you map this out, you may find that you don’t need as many cars as you think and you might get away with doubling up i.e. why not use the same car that the groom arrived in to leave in at the end of day?
2. If you have your heart set on an overly extravagant car, restrict who you hire them for – consider hiring one just for the bride and groom. Since the focus will be on the two of you, it isn’t necessary for the rest of the bridal party to have exactly the same cars.
3. A car just isn’t fit for a wedding without ribbon – if you think that this is an area that you can definitely cut costs on by sourcing your own, think again. Normal craft ribbon from a craft store can scratch or rub off the paint on your car as it flaps in the wind so make sure you leave this to the professionals and build the cost into your hire package. If you are on an extremely tight budget, ask your married friends if you can borrow theirs or purchase second hand ribbon and car accessories from a wedding website.
4. Build all the costs into all inclusive package – this package should include the car hire for a nominated period (usually around 3 hours) and all the added accessories you desire including car ribbon, red carpet service and champagne. Most car hire companies will have a special wedding package and for any added extras you want you should be able to negotiate a discounted price.
5. Make sure you shop around to make sure you get the best deal on offer and don’t be afraid to barter. Most car hire companies are open to this, especially if you are after a package deal. The best way to find local companies in your area is to jump online and search for ‘limousine hire Sydney’ or ‘wedding cars Sydney’.
And finally, to ensure that you get what you pay for, make sure you visit the hire company in person to inspect the car you will be hiring, and that you are aware of the overtime charges. A number of people often make the mistake of hiring cars for the minimum amount of time they require, only to incur exorbitant overtime fees. So if you are being fragile in approximation of the time you will require the vehicle for, it might be worth extending it.
Happy car hire hunting.